Redis Enterprise Software Release Notes 6.0.8 (September 2020)
Redis Enterprise Software (RS) 6.0.8 is now available! This version includes the new RediSearch 2.0 module, open source Redis 6.0.5, changes the rladmin tool for upgrading modules, and includes bug fixes.
End of life
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Oracle Linux 6 operating systems platforms will end on November 30, 2020.
- Support for Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) operating systems platforms will end on November 30, 2020.
Open source Redis 6
RS 6.0 includes open source Redis 6.0.5. For more information about Redis 6.0.5, check out the release notes.
Upgrading Redis modules via rladmin
The following GA releases of Redis Modules are bundled in RS 6.0:
- RediSearch, version 2.0 (updated)
- RedisJSON, version 1.0.4
- RedisGraph, version 2.0.19 (updated)
- RedisTimeSeries, version 1.2.7 (updated)
- RedisBloom, version 2.2.4 (updated)
To use the updated modules with a database, you must upgrade the module on the database.
- Shard level metrics have been added to the metrics_exporter and are now available from Prometheus. You can find all of the metrics here.
- The crdb-cli history log is now being added to support packages.
- RS33193 - Improved log files handling in the proxy for large files.
- RS43572 - Fixed a bug causing the UI to fail when enabling SMTP STARTLS.
- RS46062 - Fixed missing metrics of Active-Active databases in Grafana.
- RS44758 - Fixed non responding button for saving a new user via the UI.
- RS 5.4.2 introduced new Active-Active Redis Database capabilities that improve its compatibility with open source Redis. Now the string data-type in Active-Active Redis Database is implicitly and dynamically typed, just like open source Redis. To use the new capabilities on nodes that are upgraded from version RS 5.4.2 or lower, you must upgrade the Active-Active Redis Database protocol.
- When you upgrade an Active-Active Redis with active AOF from version RS 5.4.2 or lower to version RS 5.4.2 or higher:
- If replication is enabled, you must run the BGREWRITEAOF command on all slave shards after the upgrade.
- If replication is not enabled, you must run the BGREWRITEAOF command on all shards after the upgrade.
- Node upgrade fails if the SSL certificates were configured in version 5.0.2 or above by manually updating the certificates on the disk instead of updating them through the API. For assistance with this issue, contact Support.
- Starting from RS 5.4.2, to preserve the current Redis major.minor version during database upgrade you must use the keep_redis_version option instead of keep_current_version.
- The capability of disabling specific Redis commands does not work on commands specific to Redis Modules.
- Starting from RS 5.4.2 and after you upgrade an Active-Active database, TYPE commands for string data-type in Active-Active databases return “string” (OSS Redis standard).