Installing a Module
Before you can install a module, it must be packaged to be used in Redis Enterprise Software (RS). There are two types
- Redis Labs pre-packaged modules - To download these modules, go to the Redis Enterprise downloads page. For more specific information on each module:
- Custom packaged modules - For instructions on packing up any module from redismodules.com, see Developing with Modules.
Once you have acquired the package (it will be in zip format) proceed to the next step of adding the module to Redis Enterprise Software.
Add Module to the Cluster
- Log into the Redis Enterprise Software web UI
- Navigate to the settings -> redise modules
Click on Add Module button and navigate to where you downloaded the module package
Click on the Upload button and notice the name and version
Create a new database that uses the Module
Note: before creating a new DB with modules, it is recommend to download and upgrade the currently installed modules to the newest versions.
- Navigate to databases tab
- Click on the + sign, if necessary, then create database
On the create database screen, check the box for Redis Modules and select the module you want to use for this database.
Click Show advanced options and put 12544 for the port.
Click the activate button