To give each team member only the permissions that they need for their work with the cluster, RS lets you assign a role to each team member. You can manage team members and roles in settings > team, or with the REST API.
The roles and permissions available in RS are:
Adding a user
To add a user to the cluster:
- Go to: settings > team
- Click .
- Enter the name, email and password of the new user and select the role to assign to the user.
Select the type of user:
How do I create an external user?
- internal - Authenticates with RS
- external - Authenticates with an external LDAP server
To have a user authenticate with LDAP, you must have LDAP integration enabled. Then, create a user with the user type external.
For the email alerts, click Edit and select the alerts that the user receives. You can select:
How do I select email alerts?
- Receive alerts for databases - The alerts that are enabled for the selected databases are sent to the user. You can either select all databases, or you can select Customize and select the individual databases to send alerts for. All databases includes existing and future databases.
- Receive cluster alerts - The alerts that are enabled for the cluster in settings > alerts are sent to the user.
Then, click Save.
To edit the name, password, role or email alerts of a user, hover over the user and click . To change a user from internal to external, you must delete the user and re-add it.