Delete a Database
To delete a database in Redis Enterprise Software:
- Click the relevant database row in the Databases page. The selected database page appears.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Click Delete at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm the deletion.
Deleting an Active-Active database
When you delete an Active-Active database (formerly known as CRDB), all instance of the Active-Active database are deleted from all participating clusters.
Because Active-Active databases are made up of instances on multiple participating clusters, to restore a deleted Active-Active database you must create the database again with all of its instances and then restore the data to the database from backup.
We recommended that you:
- Backup your data and test the restore on another database before you delete an Active-Active database.
- Consider flushing the data from the database so that you can keep the Active-Active database configuration and restore the data to it if necessary.