Adding a Node to an Existing Cluster
When you install RS on the first node of a cluster, you create the new cluster. After you install the first node, you can add more nodes to the cluster.
The clocks on all nodes must always be synchronized.
If the clock in the node you are trying to join to the cluster is not synchronized with the nodes already in the cluster, the action will fail and an error message will appear indicating that you must synchronize the clocks first.
You must update the DNS records each time a node is added or replaced.
Adding a node to an existing Cluster
To add a node in Redis Enterprise Software (RS):
- Install the RS installation package on a clean installation of a supported operating system.
To connect to the RS management UI of the new RS installation, go to: https://<URL or IP address>:8443
For example, if you installed RS on a machine with IP address 10.0.1.34, go to
https://10.0.1.34:8443.Tip -The RS management UI uses SSL encryption with a default certificate. You can also replace the TLS certificate with a custom certificate.
To start configuring RS, click Setup.
Configure the RS network and storage settings:
- You can enter a path for Persistent storage, or leave the default path.
- You can enter a path for Ephemeral storage, or leave the default path.
- If you want to enable Redis on Flash, select Enable flash storage support and enter the path to the Flash storage to use as RAM extension.
- If your machine has multiple IP addresses, in IP Addresses Usage assign a single IPv4 type address for internal traffic and multiple IPv4/IPv6 type addresses for external traffic.
Join the new RS node to the cluster:
- In Cluster configuration, select Join cluster.
Enter the internal IP address or DNS name of a node that is a cluster member.
If the node only has one IP address, enter that IP address.
Enter the credentials of the cluster administrator.
The cluster administrator is the user account that you create when you configure the first node in the cluster.
If the cluster is configured to support rack-zone awareness, you are redirected to a page in which you must set the Rack-zone ID for the new node.
The node is added to the cluster. You can see it in the list of nodes in the cluster.