Creating a Subscription
When you create a Redis Cloud subscription, you must choose:
- A cloud provider: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- The provider region
- Redis Cloud service level:
- Essentials - For development environments and low-throughput applications
- Pro - For high-throughput applications, many databases or large datasets
- Ultimate - For a more complete support experience (Contact Redis Labs Sales)
Create a New Subscription
To create a new subscription:
- In the Redis Cloud menu, click Subscriptions.
- At the bottom of the page, click .
- Select your subscription configuration:
- Select a cloud provider: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Select the region that you want the subscription to use, for example:
- In the Redis Cloud service levels, select the memory or throughput limit for your subscription:
- Essentials - You can also select either Replication or Multi-Availability Zone (Multi-AZ)
- Pro - You can also select a subscription with Redis on Flash (RoF) support
- Customize - You can:
- Build a Plan to follow a sizing process where you tell us your requirements and we give you a subscription that's just right for you.
- Request Pricing to customize an Ultimate subscription that includes annual payments, premium support, and customer success packages.
After you select a subscription configuration:
Review the subscription configuration.
For Pro subscriptions only: 1. Enable Multi-AZ to get improved high availability when multiple availability zones are available. 1. Enable Persistent Storage Encryption to attach encrypted EBS volumes to your instances so that the persistent storage for your subscription is encrypted.
Enter the IP range for the subscription in Deployment CIDR.
Enter your Credit card information.
Enter a name for the subscription.
The cluster for your selected subscription is created. You can change the name and credit card information of the subscription after it is created.
The subscription shows a "Pending" status and takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes to provision. You receive an email when your subscription is ready to use.
We recommend that you setup VPC peering with your application VPC. VPC peering lets you route traffic between your VPCs using private IP addresses for improved security and performance.
You can also edit these subscription settings after the subscription is created:
- Subscription name
- Payment information