Creating Databases on Redis Enterprise Cloud (RC)
Once you have a subscription, creating a Redis database in Redis Enterprise Cloud is simple with the steps below.
Note: You can have as many databases as you desire, up to the limit of your subscription or the subscription plan size, whichever comes first.
- Select Databases from the top right menu in Redis Enterprise Cloud.
- Click on the plus sign to add a database to a subscription.
- Enter a Database Name that is up to 40 characters long. (Required)
- If this database is created in a standard subscription, choose to enable or disable Replication (default is "on"). Replication enables instant failover by keeping a standby, in-memory replica. Be aware that by enabling this feature, your database will consume twice as much memory in your subscription.
- Select your preferred Data Persistence option.
- If this is a Pay-as-You-Go subscription, you will see Database Clustering as an option.
- Enter a password if you would like to secure your database. This is highly recommended.
- Enter a Source IP/Subnet that you would like to require source traffic to originate(e.g. your application server). The information is either a specific source IPv4 address or a source subnet in CIDR notation. (e.g. 10.0.1.45 or 10.0.1.1/24 respectively). Once edited, click the save icon on the right.
- If your subscription is in AWS, you may add a pre-existing AWS Security Groups that you would like to use.
- If you have contacted support to enable SSL/TLS certificates, you can add SSL Client Authentication to your database here. For specific information on this process, see Securing Redis Enterprise Cloud Connections with SSL/TLS.
- For more advanced options, click on More Options.
- Choose a Data Eviction Policy or accept the default.
- If you would like periodic backups of your database, enter the path to storage here. For specific information visit Configuring Database Backups for Redis Enterprise Cloud.
- You can add Alert Settings to your database so that you and your team can be alerted when thresholds are passed.
- Click Activate.
Once activated, the screen presents detailed information as the system is creating the database. There are two things you are looking for on this page:
- The orange spinning icon on the top right to turn to a green checkmark
- The Endpoint issued for the new database
If you'd prefer to watch a video on this topic: