Creating a Redis Cloud Essentials Subscription
A Redis Cloud Essentials subscription consists of a selected cloud provider (and respective region, e.g. "Azure - US Central"), architectural model, memory limit and feature set. You can have multiple subscriptions in different providers and regions, all easily managed from a single console.
Creating a Subscription
- Navigate to Subscriptions using the menu in the top right corner of the page.
- If you have existing subscriptions, click on the plus sign below the Subscriptions section of the page. Otherwise, proceed to next step.
- Click on the 'Select' button inside the 'Essentials' box to create a new 'Redis Cloud Essentials' subscription.
- Select your preferred Cloud Provider and region for your databases to be created in.
- Create a subscription name. It will appear in the list of subscriptions so you can easily tell them apart.
- Select from three types of plans:
- Cache plans do not include replication or persistence of data. In the event of a failure, new resources are immediately available with no change to your endpoint.
- Standard plans can have a diverse set of features including in-memory replication, auto-failover, data persistence, and backups. Selecting this option will double the memory size of your dataset.
- Multi-AZ (Availability Zone) plans offer all the benefits of Standard plans, as well as auto-failover and in-memory replication to another availability zone. Memory size - select from 30MB (free) to 5GB ($33/mo), or a flexible pay-as-you-go model.
You can have multiple databases within a plan, but the combined size cannot exceed the plan's memory limit. For unlimited sizes, try the Pay-As-You-Go plan. Click on a memory size to view its respective features.There are three types of memory size plans to choose from:
- Free: The free 30MB plan is and continues to be free, as long as you continue to utilize it. Utilization is defined as connecting to and issuing commands to the database during a one-month period.
- Fixed size: There are fixed-size subscription plans ranging from 100MB to 5GB. In these plans, the combined memory usage of all databases using this plan will be capped by a fixed limit for which you pay a fixed amount each month.
- Pay-As-You-Go: This plan makes all features available and accommodates unlimited database scaling. You can estimate your costs using the usage calculator that appears at the bottom of the page when you select this plan.
After you select the options that you want, click Continue to review pricing, set payment method and finalize your subscription.
Create a new database under the subscription.