RedisGears 1.0 Release Notes
RedisGears 1.0.1 (July 2020)
This is a maintenance release for version 1.0.
- Import and Export requirements - With this capability, you can export the python requirements present in RedisGears and import them into another instance using gears-cli. This enables, amongst others, to import requirements to environments without internet access. Notice that the requirement should be exported from and imported into machines with the same OS and version. This is the recommended tool to use for productionising RedisGears functions (for example to be used in your CI).
- Optimised requirements installation mechanism - requirements will now be distributed once to each shard and not each time an execution is triggered.
- RedisAI API fixes and additions - fixes/additions related to the integration with RedisAI.
- #330 SendMsgRetries configuration parameter indicating how many times RedisGears should try sending messages between shards.
- #330 PythonInstallReqMaxIdleTime configuration parameter for the maximum amount of time to wait for requirements to be installed.
- #330 RG.PYDUMPREQ command that output all the currently available python requirements.
- Added the following API functionality to the RedisAI integration:
RedisGears 1.0.0 (May 2020)
This is the first GA Release of RedisGears (v1.0.0).
- Program everything you want in Redis - With a built-in C-API and Python interpreter, RedisGears lets you use full-fledged Python scripts and libraries to process data inside Redis.
- Write once, deploy anywhere - Write your functions against a standalone Redis database and deploy them to production clusters—with no changes required.
- Run your serverless engine where your data lives - RedisGears lets you process events and streams faster by running in memory next to your data in Redis.
To get started please check out redisgears.io. We plan to release a blogpost soon and will cross link it here.
Bugfixes (compared to RC1):
- #288 dependencies with version will not crash the server.
- #309, #313 Prevent crashes on RedisAI intergration and update the low level C api of RedisAI.
- #311 Fix out-of-order reply in certain situations.
- #321 Return error when unknown argument is given.
- The version inside Redis will be 10000 or 1.0.0 in semantic versioning.
- This version requires the Redis version to be 6.0 and above.