Installing the RedisInsight Desktop Client
RedisInsight is a full-featured Desktop GUI client for:
- Windows 10
- Ubuntu 18.04
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra
RedisInsight offers the following features -
- Easy to use browser based interface to search keys, view and edit data
- Only GUI tool to support Redis Cluster
- Supports SSL/TLS based connections
- Run Memory Analysis
To install RedisInsight:
- Download RedisInsight for Desktop.
Prepare the executable:
For Ubuntu - To make the downloaded file executable, run:
chmod +x redisinsight-<platform>-<version>
For Windows and MacOS - Run the installer.
If MacOS warns you that RedisInsight cannot be checked for malicious software, follow the instructions from Apple support about how to open an app from an unidentified developer.
- Windows - Open RedisInsight.
- MacOS and Ubuntu - Run:
After the web server starts, open http://127.0.0.1:8001 and add your first Redis database connection.