rladmin command-line interface
Redis Enterprise Software (RS) includes a command-line interface (CLI), called *rladmin* that can be used for various advanced administrative tasks. Some of these tasks can also be performed through the management UI and some are unique to the CLI.
The following are examples of tasks that can be performed through the CLI:
- View the detailed status of the cluster including information about each node, each database, each shard, etc.
- Execute failover between a master and slave shard, or a master and slave endpoint.
- Migrate a specific shard or endpoint between nodes.
- Tune specific internal parameters of a database.
- Upgrade the version of a database to the most current version supported by the cluster.
Accessing the rladmin CLI
To open the rladmin CLI:
- Open the operating system CLI.
- 1. Use an account that is a member of the redislabs OS group or change user to root by running the following command: sudo su --. (if you you a non-root user, you will need to add /opt/redislabs/bin/ to that user's PATH env var)
Run the following command in the CLI: rladmin
Note: If the CLI does not recognize the rladmin command, you may need to run the following command to load the needed configuration first: bash -l
A message confirms that you are now running rladmin.
In the rladmin CLI you can:
- Enter ? to view the full list of available commands.
- Type help, followed by the name of a command to view a detailed explanation of the command and its usage.
- Use the Tab key for automatic command completion.